Kathy and Mike

Kathy and Mike

7.09.2012

Pinterest Playtime

So, let's face it, I'm addicted to Pinterest. 
Yes.
Addicted.
No shame, no regret, just pure, happy, crafty addiction. 

Out of that addiction have emerged some pretty terrific projects (and several incredibly successful recipes). Here are the very first of my Pinterest success stories:

Can I just tell you, I found it heart breaking when I went to Michael's Crafts looking for jute, and the people at the craft store didn't know what jute was. Seriously?!? 
(Non crafters, don't feel bad. You aren't SUPPOSED to know. But crafty experts should know that it's crafting rope!)

I really love how these vases turned out. That's a pretty fab Goodwill upcycle, if I do say so myself.


 The other project I worked on with my cousin Katie. I want to get another photo with me actually wearing it, because I think it's hard to picture here. But, it's basically a braided scarf. Pretty cool, especially for someone who doesn't really crochet well and can't knit at all. 

Also - this was made in probably 2 hours while also watching a movie and chatting. My understanding is that crocheting and knitting take much....much...longer. So, cheers to the best scarf an unskilled, impatient person could hope to make!

Don't worry...there are many other Pinterest posts to come. You can Pinterest stalk me HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment